January 26, 2014

Finding My WHY?!

I've made some career decisions that will affect my Facebook and Blog for a little bit.  I confess since the middle of last year I have been having somewhat of a mid-art crisis.  I've been asking what is my purpose?  What should I paint?  Why should I paint?  Why am I painting?

Which all comes down to I really want my art to connect at a healing heart level.  I want people to see beauty in my art even when life is not so beautiful.  I want it to be uplifting and give hope and love and all that good stuff. If you are in a pit, I want to drag you out of it!  You see, I've been there and art helped me out of the pit.  Making art and viewing art.

So I looked at my art and I said BLECH.  It doesn't do that right now.

And I want it to!

Which is a good thing....

So..
how
to
do
that.

The only thing I could come up with is to tuck inside my studio and just create until I am satisfied my art says what I want it to and IN MY OWN WAY!

I don't want to post and see how many likes and make more of that stuff.  I don't want to be swayed by comments and praises by others.  I do want to be true to my own heart.

I don't want to be ordinary.  I want to be extraordinary and affect the world!

The way I was painting before, won't work.

Ever.

I painted for others.

I painted for  you.  Because I like you!

But that is not authentic for me.  Not anymore.  Perhaps at one time it was but not now.

I want to paint bigger

BOLDER

HUGE! 

This is a big change for me.  And I am excited! 

So it will take time alone and without extraneous feedback.  I'm protecting this baby.

What I will produce will be me, my voice, my hope in the world.


ACEO
2.5 x 3.5 Alcohol ink on Yupo




6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Chris! I'm gonna do this!

      Delete
    2. Kelly,
      You can do whatever you set your mind to... You have to be true to yourself and do what makes you happy. I know how you are feeling... This challenge has become sort of shallow and I find myself pretty much in the same boat...Best of luck... !!!

      Delete
    3. Thank you! Hopefully this will be the year we both get settled Lisa!!

      Delete
  2. Paint your heart....Then give it away.

    ReplyDelete

Oh Yay!!!
.:Happy dance:.
* Running around in circles*
{Jumping up and down}

You've decided to take time to leave a comment! I get very excited when that happens! Thank you!

Boooo! I have to use that silly word verification {thank you spammers!} It's gotten too bad for me to have it off... sorry :(