January 14, 2015

Joy Wave No. 1

Day 14 of Leslie Saeta's January Challenge.

Up for auction at Daily Paintworks!



Joy Wave No. 1

6" x 6" x 1/8" Gessobord

Acrylic

By Kelly Dombrowski


About This Painting

In continuation off the black and white theme this month, these paintings symbolize out of depression and riding the Joy Wave!. We are  out now.  Yellow reminds me of warmth of the sun.  Sunny days are my favorite.  I find it hard to stay in depression if I am out in the sunlight!

These are really thick with paint and a cadmium yellow deep swath.


6 comments:

  1. Love the twists and turns, and the burst of yellow! JOY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping the yellow was the joy part!

      Delete
  2. Hi. Had to click on your artwork--love this bold brushwork. I have a penchant for ink line and this bold reverse white is really a powerful way to go. Thanks for the little distraction to your artwork. Hope you are enjoying this challenge. I am. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Ann! This is a fun experiment for me! It's been years since I painted this boldly! :D

      Delete

Oh Yay!!!
.:Happy dance:.
* Running around in circles*
{Jumping up and down}

You've decided to take time to leave a comment! I get very excited when that happens! Thank you!

Boooo! I have to use that silly word verification {thank you spammers!} It's gotten too bad for me to have it off... sorry :(