January 16, 2015

Joy Wave No. 3

Day 16 of Leslie Saeta's January Challenge.

If you have read and wondered if I did day 14 twice, yes, yes I did!  I am so losing track.  I think I need an internet assistant!  I have no idea why it is so hard to do a blog post everyday, but alas. it is.

Up for auction at Daily Paintworks!





Joy Wave No. 3

6" x 6" x 1/8" Gessobord

Acrylic

By Kelly Dombrowski


About This Painting

In continuation off the black and white theme this month, these paintings symbolize out of depression and riding the Joy Wave!. We are  out now.  Yellow reminds me of warmth of the sun.  Sunny days are my favorite.  I find it hard to stay in depression if I am out in the sunlight!

These are really thick with paint and a cadmium yellow deep swath.

A little tid bit about acrylic thick paint.  From when I apply it until is dries it shrinks about 1/3.  Also, acrylic dries darker than when it is applied because the medium is white and dries clear!

4 comments:

  1. Well I am glad you did! I was too exhausted yesterday to come visit and I would have missed it. Love this painting, it is full of life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rolina! I might resort to some alcohol inks for the rest of the month, this wears me out LOL!

      Delete
  2. I didn't know about the shrinkage so thanks for the tip! This is a really exciting series, I've enjoyed seeing, just never anytime to say so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for stopping by to say so! You know how sometimes artists think they are talking to themselves on their blogs LOL! It's so nice to see someone here!

      Delete

Oh Yay!!!
.:Happy dance:.
* Running around in circles*
{Jumping up and down}

You've decided to take time to leave a comment! I get very excited when that happens! Thank you!

Boooo! I have to use that silly word verification {thank you spammers!} It's gotten too bad for me to have it off... sorry :(