January 02, 2015

Out of Dark Comes Light and Color No. 2

Day 2 of Leslie Saeta's January Challenge.  2 of 4 in a series.

I have to work on these all at once or they do not look like a series.  Even if I wait and do each back to back they will be different slightly.  My mark making from day to day changes!!

Up for auction at Daily Paintworks!



Out of Darkness Comes Light and Color No. 2

6" x 6" x 1/8" Museum Board

Acrylic

By Kelly Dombrowski



About the Painting


I love dramatic abstract expressionist paintings and black and white is one of my favorites.  So I started some paintings that can go together as a grouping for wall decor!  Smart and sharp!

I named the series (how ever many I do) "Out of  Dark Comes Light and Color"  because it's kind of like my life.  I battle depression, well actually not clinical depression but situational depression (which I am so happy for) I try to crawl out of that pit when I fall in asap!

The white symbolizes light and life coming out of the darkness and depression and the color accent is the zest and joy for life.

I would like to explore the different blacks.  I see this series as groupings of four using Bone Black and Titanium White.  The color accents, just a bit, drawn by a palette knife, will be Cad Red, Ultramarine Blue and Cad Yellow.

As I move on I will explore Carbon black and maybe Chromatic black.

They all have a grungy look made by layering extensively and wiping and scraping back and more layering with the palette knife.

5 comments:

  1. Very exciting painting - and you have a really interesting plan for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for stopping by my blog!

      Delete
  2. I love this and wish I could be as bold (I may have to try it)! You have started the new year beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh gosh Rolina DO try it! You might be surprised! They are never as easy as they look. It's difficult to make them look easy!

      I'll suggest to look up acrylic techniques in the mixed media community. They are the greatest experimenters. You can get your toolbox filled and let er rip!

      Delete
    2. Oh gosh Rolina you can ignore what I told you since you know more than I! Gorgeous work!

      Delete

Oh Yay!!!
.:Happy dance:.
* Running around in circles*
{Jumping up and down}

You've decided to take time to leave a comment! I get very excited when that happens! Thank you!

Boooo! I have to use that silly word verification {thank you spammers!} It's gotten too bad for me to have it off... sorry :(