January 04, 2015

Out of Dark Comes Light and Color No. 4

Day 4 of Leslie Saeta's January Challenge.

Up for auction at Daily Paintworks!


Out of Darkness Comes Light and Color No. 4

6" x 6" x 1/8" Museum Board

Acrylic

By Kelly Dombrowski



About the Painting


I love dramatic abstract expressionist paintings and black and white is one of my favorites.  So I started some paintings that can go together as a grouping for wall decor!  Smart and sharp!

I named the series (how ever many I do) "Out of  Dark Comes Light and Color"  because it's kind of like my life.  I battle depression, well actually not clinical depression but situational depression (which I am so happy for) I try to crawl out of that pit when I fall in asap!

The white symbolizes light and life coming out of the darkness and depression and the color accent is the zest and joy for life.

I would like to explore the different blacks.  I see this series as groupings of four using Bone Black and Titanium White.  The color accents, just a bit, drawn by a palette knife, will be Cad Red, Ultramarine Blue and Cad Yellow.

As I move on I will explore Carbon black and maybe Chromatic black.

2 comments:

  1. I love this series, Kelly! Very dynamic. Thanks for commenting on my (lack of) click button! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Oh Yay!!!
.:Happy dance:.
* Running around in circles*
{Jumping up and down}

You've decided to take time to leave a comment! I get very excited when that happens! Thank you!

Boooo! I have to use that silly word verification {thank you spammers!} It's gotten too bad for me to have it off... sorry :(